Hi friends! I’m so glad you’re here! Let me tell you a little about me, and why I started this blog to help you with mom stress…
A Little About Me
Hi, I’m Amy!
Wife, Mom, Homemaker, Jesus-Lover, Coffee-Drinker, East Tennessee native… and of course, Blogger!
I’m married to my wonderful hubby of 16 years and high school sweetheart, Neal (who I may sometimes refer to as “Boogie”), and yes, he loves when I put his pet name on the internet for all to see. Haha! We have two beautiful daughters, Kaylee (12) and Kenzee (10).
And most days I’m just doing my best to accomplish everything on my never-ending to do list.
I Want to Help You Stress Less…
Are you an overwhelmed Momma?
Do you need help figuring out how to check things off your to-do list without checking out?
Do you feel like you’re constantly doing “it” all, but not really doing any of “it” well?
As Moms, our to-do lists are jam-packed. Between taking care of the kids, the house, the meals, the husband, the finances, and whatever else life throws at us, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. I’ve found that so many Moms struggle to keep up with the day-to-day, which is why I want to help.
Now, I will be the first to tell you that I’m not the perfect Mom or wife. I’m a real Mom, dealing with the same struggles as you. But, I’ve managed to limit my Mommy Meltdowns to about two a year, and I think that’s pretty darn good. You know, when you just look at your husband and say, “I need a day”. A day of alone time leisurely browsing the aisles of Target, soaking in a bath, or just sitting in your favorite coffeehouse sipping a latte.
I think my optimistic, don’t-worry-be-happy personality makes me well-equipped to deal with stress. I’m naturally a very low-key, easy-going, roll-with-the-punches kind of girl.
Ninety-nine percent of the time, I’ve got a ridiculously annoying smile plastered on my face. I’m happy. Truly.
And here at The Savvy Sparrow, I want to provide you with practical tips and encouraging stories to help you be happy and stress less also.
I want to help you with these common stress triggers:
- Organization – I know first hand how stressful it can feel when your life is an unorganized mess!
- Cleaning and Decluttering – Spoiler alert… I’m a sucker for an awesome 30 day cleaning challenge!
- Money – Finances are probably the #1 stress trigger for most people… but I really feel like I’ve mastered mine, and I want to help you do the same!
- Parenting and Kids’ Activities – Being a Mom can work your last nerve some days… I totally get it! But I want to encourage you in your motherhood role and give you some awesome ideas for easy kids’ activities!
- Marriage – Even healthy marriages take work! And I want to pass along some little nuggets of marriage wisdom like how to show your husband that you love him and ideas for conversation starters for date nights!
- Self Care – As busy Mommas, we’re always putting our kids and husband before ourselves… but remember, “You can’t pour from an empty cup”, so you need to take care of you, too!
Let’s Be Friends!
I’m so glad that you are here, and I would love to get to know you! You are always welcome to leave comments on my posts, or shoot me an email ([email protected]). Maybe share some of your favorite ways to destress?
And, you can follow me on social media using the links at the bottom of this page.
I look forward to providing you with tons of practical tips for all of your stress triggers. I hope you enjoy my delicious and easy recipes, simple DIY home decor and home management tips, frugal living and personal finance info, practical (and sometimes funny) parenting tips, and all around inspiration for daily life.
God bless, and come back and visit again soon!