These printable Valentine bookmarks are perfect to pass out to kids for Valentine’s Day! Just print the bookmarks, cut them out, and you’ve got easy and free Valentines for kids!
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you’re probably busy trying to get ready for classroom parties, planning your family date night, and figuring out the perfect festivities for your husband.
So that’s why I’m here to make your life a tad easier with a creative and hassle-free idea – Printable Valentine Bookmarks! Not only are these bookmarks charming and easy to make, but they also serve as a great alternative to traditional Valentines. In this post, I’ll guide you through the process of creating these cute printable bookmarks with Valentine puns and share some imaginative ways to use them with your kids.
Ideas for Using the Printable Valentine Bookmarks
- Classroom Valentines with Crayons – Use the black and white printable Valentines bookmarks for kids to color, and attach a small pack of Crayola crayons for an easy DIY classroom Valentine idea.
- New Book Bundle – Pick up a few children’s books from your favorite book store. Print and cut out the bookmarks, and then tuck them into the pages of the books. This creates a delightful Valentine surprise that not only encourages reading but also gives your child a new book to enjoy.
- Dollar Tree Book Valentines – Visit Dollar Tree and pick out a book for every child in the class. Tuck a printable Valentine bookmark inside each book for a creative classroom Valentine idea.
- Bookmark Coloring Activity at Home – Set up a crafting station at home with printed bookmarks, stickers, markers, and other embellishments. Allow your child to personalize their bookmarks with their unique artistic flair.
How to Create Printable Valentine Bookmarks
The great thing about this Valentine’s Day idea for kids is that it’s so easy to do! Making the bookmarks is pretty self-explanatory, but here are some tips to get you started:
Step 1: Choose a Valentine Bookmark Design
My free printable Valentine bookmarks include 8 different designs for you to choose from, each with a cheeky Valentine pun to put a smile on your kids’ faces. Here are the designs to choose from:
- “You’re one in a melon” – watermelon design
- “Good friends stick together” – peanut butter and jelly bookmark design
- “You are eggs-traordinary” – eggs design
- “Donut forget how special you are” – donut bookmark design
- “I love you from my head to-ma-toes” – tomato Valentine pun
- “Have I told you Reese-ntly that I love you” – chocolate bar design
- “You’re sub-lime” – lime bookmark design
- “You’re bacon me crazy” – bacon bookmark design
Step 2: Print and Cut the Valentines Bookmarks
Next, print the bookmarks on white card stock so that the finished bookmarks are sturdy and less likely to tear or wrinkle. You may want to test print one page first to make sure that the sizing and colors are right for you. You can always adjust the sizing by using the “Scale” setting in your print settings window.
Then, use scissors to cut the bookmarks out along the black border line.
For a little extra pizzazz, you can also hole punch the top of the bookmark and thread a colorful piece of yarn through the hole, like I’ve done here:
Step 3: Laminate the Bookmarks (Optional)
If you want your kids’ coloring bookmarks to last through multiple books, then you can also laminate them. This step is particularly useful if you plan to use them as classroom Valentines, so the bookmarks don’t get wrinkled when crammed into Valentine boxes.
You can purchase a good home laminator from Amazon for around $25, or have the bookmarks laminated at an office supply store. I personally prefer a 5 mil lamination pouch for projects like this.
Free Printable Valentine Bookmarks for Kids
Want to grab the free printable Valentines bookmarks for kids to color? Just click the link down below! The PDF file includes bookmarks that are pre-colored and ones that kids can color in themselves.
Whether you choose to pair them with crayons, tuck them into affordable books from Dollar Tree, or use the printable as a simple Valentines craft to do at home, these bookmarks are sure to be a hit with your little ones! And be sure to check out some of our other Valentine’s Day posts for kids:
- 43 Heart Shaped, Red, and Pink Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Printable “Apple of My Eye” Valentines for Juice and Applesauce
- Printable Hair Clip Valentines & Gift Tags – Friends will LOVE these!