Looking for cute printable Valentines for applesauce pouches or apple juice boxes? These “Apple of My Eye” Valentine cards for kids make it easy to DIY your own apple Valentines!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and that means one thing – It’s time to figure out the perfect classroom Valentines for your kids to bring to school!
If your kids are like mine, then this is a HUGE deal. They don’t want to bring the same type of Valentines that they had last year, and they’ve got to make sure that whatever treats they choose are gluten-free, peanut-free, and dairy-free… That’s a tall ask!
But luckily, applesauce and apple juice are two healthy, kid-friendly treats that are free from most allergens, making them perfect for DIY Valentines. Not to mention, these apple snacks are easy on your budget, too!
So if you’re looking for a unique and healthy alternative to the typical candy Valentines, or if your child’s school requires non-candy Valentines for classroom parties, then I have just the thing for you – adorable free printable apple juice and applesauce Valentine cards, perfect for your toddler’s preschool class or younger elementary-aged kids!
Besides the actual apple treats or juice that you’ll use for the DIY classroom Valentines, you only need a few basic supplies. Here’s what you need to make the cute apple Valentines like the ones I have pictured:
- free printable applesauce Valentines cards – My free printable Valentines are shaped to look like apple leaves, so when you add them to the Martinelli’s mini juice bottles, they look like apples! The free printable apple Valentines are available at the end of this post!
- applesauce, apple juice, or any other apple-themed snacks or treats – I used the individual apple-shaped bottles of Martinelli’s apple juice, available at Costco and some other grocery stores. You can also use regular apple flavored box juices or applesauce pouches.
- white card stock – I HIGHLY suggest printing the apple Valentines on white card stock, because they’re less likely to tear or wrinkle in your child’s backpack. I use 80 lb. card stock because that’s what goes through my home printer, but the thicker the better!
- hole punch
- ribbon – I used colored raffia ribbon that I found at the Dollar Tree, but any curling ribbon or twine will work also.
How to Make DIY Apple Valentines
Your kids can tell their friends “You’re the APPLE of my eye” with these adorable apple-themed Valentines. Just follow the instructions below to make your own DIY apple juice or applesauce pouch Valentines:
1. Download the free printable apple Valentines.
Just click the big teal link below for the free Valentines printables. A new window will open in Dropbox (where the file is stored) and you will be able to download the file to your computer or phone, or print it from that window. *If you need some help, feel free to reach out!
2. Cut the Valentines out and write in your child’s name.
Use scissors to cut out the apple cards along the edge of the leaf shape, and hole punch a hole in the right side of the card. Then, fill in the “From” section with your child’s name.
3. Attach the free printable Valentines to applesauce pouches or juice boxes.
Tie a piece of ribbon around the neck of the applesauce pouch or juice bottle. Then, thread the ribbon through the hole of the “You’re the apple of my eye” Valentine card and tie a bow to secure it into place. You can also use a small piece of tape to secure the Valentine cards into place on the juices or pouches if needed.
And then your sweet apple Valentines are done and ready for your kids to pass out at their school Valentines parties!
I hope you and your kids LOVE these DIY Valentines ideas that spread love, sweetness, and a bit of fruity fun – because nothing says “I care” like a homemade gesture that’s as sweet as it is healthy!
And be sure to check out some of my other fun printable Valentine ideas for kids to pass out at school:
- Printable Hair Clip Valentines – Perfect for making DIY Valentines for girls using hair clips, barrettes, or hair scrunchies!
- Spa Face Mask Gift Tags – These printable tags that say “Can’t mask awesome!” are perfect for tween and teen girls to pass out individual sheet masks to their friends! My daughter’s friends absolutely LOVED these small gifts!
- Goldfish Valentines with Free Printable Cards – Grab some single-serve packs of Goldfish crackers and attach these cute printable Valentines for easy Valentine ideas that are perfect for elementary kids!