Need 12 Days of Christmas gift ideas for your husband or boyfriend? If you want to shower him with 12 days of Christmas gifts this year, then these printable Christmas gift tags can help! Get loads of ideas for your 12 days of Christmas gifts, and some super cute rhyming gift tags, too!
I’m always thinking of ways that I can show my husband that I love him… Even something as simple as making his coffee in the morning or taking his boots off for him when he gets home from work. And when Christmas rolls around, my husband’s level of excitement easily rivals that of a toddler, so I try to really go all out with the holiday surprises!
From planning the perfect stocking stuffers for him to picking out the perfect gifts, the Christmas season is a great time to focus on your relationship… and not get too bogged down with the hustle and bustle of the holidays!
And showering your guy with 12 small Christmas gifts leading up to the BIG day is an awesome holiday tradition to start! Not only will he feel loved and appreciated, but this fun holiday gifting idea is a great way to start celebrating early… and I guarantee that he won’t complain about a few extra Christmas gifts either!
If you’re looking for some printable rhyming 12 Days of Christmas gift tags for your husband or boyfriend, then this is the post for you! Or, give your own gifts with some cute Christmas tags with numbers 1 through 12! Either way, I’ve got you covered!
What is the 12 Days of Christmas Gifts Tradition?
The 12 Days of Christmas gift giving tradition is based on the popular Christmas song of the same name… and since The Twelve Days of Christmas holiday carol mentions “my true love gave to me” in the lyrics, it’s perfect for creating a fun gift tradition for your husband or boyfriend!
In a nutshell, the 12 Days of Christmas gifts tradition involves giving someone 12 different gifts, one for each day leading up to Christmas day. So the gifts would be given on December 13th – December 24th.
There are SO many ways to use the popular Christmas carol to come up with 12 different gift ideas like:
- Give gifts that relate to the verses of the original The Twelve Days of Christmas song… So for “5 golden rings” you could give him 5 glazed donuts (because those literally look like golden rings) or something for his cell phone (because that’s something that makes a ringing noise).
- Theme the gifts for him based on the numbers 1-12… So for the 10th Day of Christmas gift, you can give 10 small items or something that relates to the number 10, like a new pair of gloves to keep his 10 fingers warm!
- Just get 12 random gifts and use more generic gift tags with the numbers 1-12. This is the most flexible option for doing the Twelve Days of Christmas for him, because you can just use whichever gifts that you want and attach a numbered gift tag to them.
No matter which 12 days of Christmas for him that you choose, I’ve got some awesome printable Christmas gift tags that you can use at the end of this post!
How to Use the Printable 12 Days of Christmas Gift Tags
The printable 12 days of Christmas gift tags for him are super easy to use, and I tried to include a good variety of gifts that were inexpensive so you don’t blow your Christmas budget… buying 11 of something for the 11th day of Christmas gift can get expensive!
Just print the gift tags, cut them out, and purchase the gifts to go with each day. Be sure you have some Christmas ribbon or gift bags on hand also so you can make your 12 days of Christmas gifts look festive.
Then, how you “deliver” the gifts each day is up to you! You can simply set the gift out on the kitchen counter each morning, or surprise your husband by stashing that day’s gift somewhere that he’ll find it randomly, like on the front seat of his car or in his gym bag.
I also recommend printing the gift tags on white card stock, because they’ll look nicer attached to the Christmas gifts for him. The 65 pound card stock goes through my home printer nicely, so that’s what I use for all of my printable Christmas gift tags!
Here are the supplies you need to do the 12 Days of Christmas for him:
- printable 12 Days of Christmas gift tags
- white card stock and printer
- scissors or paper trimmer to cut the tags out
- hole punch
- ribbon or yarn to tie the tags to the gifts
- gift bags or gift wrap for the larger gifts
- Twelve Days of Christmas gifts – You can choose from any of the ideas down below!
12 Days of Christmas Gifts for Him
The printable 12 Days of Christmas Gift Tags for your husband or boyfriend have cute rhyming verses, and you get to pick from two different gift tags for each of the 12 days!
1st Day of Christmas Gift Ideas:
You may want to use the first day of Christmas gift for a more expensive gift, because you only need to buy one item.
The first day of the Twelve Days of Christmas gift tags at the end of this post come with these two printable tags, so you can choose which gift you want to give your husband:
On the first day of Christmas, get ready for 12 gifts… The first one comes today and it’s something you can sniff!
You can use this gift tag to give your husband any scented gift, like a new body spray, cologne, a car air freshener, or a candle.
The second option for the 1st day of Christmas gifts is a more expensive gift, a new hoodie sweatshirt… And here’s the cute rhyming gift tag that comes with it:
On the first day of Christmas, get ready for 12 goodies… The first one comes today… Spoiler Alert – It’s a hoodie!
2nd Day of Christmas Gift Ideas:
The 2nd day of Christmas gift is perfect for giving things that come in pairs… Think gloves, socks, or shoes. Or, you can also use this day to give something for two people, like movie tickets for two or a dinner for two, and go out on a date with your guy for the 2nd day of Christmas!
My printable Twelve Days of Christmas gift tags come with options for both, so you can pick which gift tag you want to use:
On the 2nd Day of Christmas, two things are a pair… So you get some cozy socks, so your feet won’t be bare!
On the 2nd Day of Christmas, I planned a date for two… We’re getting takeout, and let’s watch a movie, too!
On the 3rd Day of Christmas Gift Ideas:
Keeping with the theme of giving three items, the 3rd day of Christmas printable gift tags also includes three small and inexpensive gift ideas – choose from either 3 tubes of lip balm or Chapstick to get ready for the mistletoe, or gift him 3 packs of his favorite candy. Either way, you should be able to make the Day 3 gift for less than $5!
Here are the cute 12 Days of Christmas gift tags for the 3rd day:
On the 3rd Day of Christmas, by now you’re feeling dandy… Here are 3 packs of your very favorite candy!
On the 3rd Day of Christmas, so your lips don’t get chappy… Three tubes of lip balm to keep your pucker happy!
On the 5th Day of Christmas:
After tracking down the latest “it” toy of the season and buying the 4,067 things on your kids’ Christmas lists, you definitely don’t have money left in your budget for five golden rings… So the gift tags for the 5th day of Christmas gifts are pretty inexpensive:
On the 5th Day of Christmas, prepare for mistletoe… Five packs of minty gum, now let’s see where things will go!
On the 5th Day of Christmas, I hope your pants still zip… Here are 5 bags of your very favorite chips!
The 10th Day of Christmas Gifts:
Buying 10 gifts for the 10th day of Christmas can get expensive, so think outside the box a bit! You can focus on gifts for his hands or feet (10 fingers or 10 toes) or go with $10 to spend together on a mini date. Here are the two different gift tags that are included with my 12 days of Christmas printable tags for him:
On the 10th Day of Christmas, here’s $10 we can share… Let’s go out for a treat, you get to pick where!
On the 10th Day of Christmas, get ready for a storm… A new pair of gloves to keep your 10 fingers warm!
Other 12 Days of Christmas Gift Tags:
I don’t want to give ALL of the cute rhyming gift tags away in this post, but here are the gifts that go with each of the 12 days of Christmas printable tags, so you can plan accordingly… When you purchase the gift tags, you get TWO tags for each of the 12 days, so you can choose which one you like best for everyday:
- something you can sniff (cologne, body spray, car air freshener, etc.) OR a hoodie sweatshirt
- cozy socks OR a date for two
- 3 packs of candy OR 3 tubes of lip balm or Chapstick
- 4 breakfast foods in bed OR 4 things for his car (like a new keychain, an air freshener, a tire cleaner, etc.)
- 5 packs of minty gum OR 5 bags of chips
- 6 powdered donuts (come in a single pack for less than $2) OR a 6 pack of something to drink
- 7 lottery tickets OR 7 tasty snacks
- 8 packs of hot cocoa (the instant hot cocoa packs usually come in a box of 8 for less than $3) OR 8 Christmas coupons like these
- a bottle of wine OR 9 reasons why I love you
- $10 to share to go out for a treat OR a new pair of gloves
- 11 yummy cookies OR 11 reasons why I love you
- a final gift wrapped under the tree OR something to keep your romance spicy!
Other 12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas for Him
If you don’t want to use the rhyming gift tags, don’t worry! You can still do the Twelve Days of Christmas for your husband… Just use a regular numbered printable gift tag, and then you can make gifts with a wide variety of small and inexpensive items like the ones listed below.
The printable Twelve Days of Christmas gift tags in my shop come with two sets of the rhyming gift tags (for a total of 24 different tags!) PLUS these regular numbered gift tags, so you have some options for creating your Christmas gifts for your husband or boyfriend… so you get 36 different gift tags in total!
I recommend choosing a few items from each category for a good variety of gifts for him:
Food and Candy Gift Ideas:
- potato chips – Either smaller individual bags, cans of Pringles, or larger bags of chips
- beef jerky
- protein bars or granola bars
- a dozen bagels delivered to his work
- a variety of candy bars – This could be a good gift for the 12th Day of Christmas, because you can buy a huge variety of full-size candy bars for about $1 each.
- his favorite gum or mints
- cookies or cupcakes
- hot cocoa packets
- 6 pack or 12 pack of his favorite soda or other drinks – To go with the 6th or 12th day of Christmas
- a few different bottles of hot sauce or barbecue sauce
- a 6 pack sampler of beer – Most grocery stores will let you choose 6 different bottles of craft beer to make your own custom 6 pack
- chocolate Hershey’s Kisses – You could do 12 kisses for a cheap 12th day of Christmas gift!
Personal Care Gift Ideas:
- cologne or body spray
- hand lotion
- lip balm or Chapstick
- new razor or razor refill cartridges
- after shave lotion or shaving cream
- shaving kit
- new underwear – You can find a 3 pack or a 5 pack for the 3rd or 5th days gifts
Other Gift Ideas for Him:
Here are even more Twelve Days of Christmas gift ideas to inspire you:
- gift cards to his favorite fast food restaurants or coffee shops – You could do dollar amounts to match the day, like a $7 gift card for the 7th day of Christmas!
- a romantic dinner for two
- mini tool set – Like a pack of 5 or 6 screwdrivers
- 12 months of a subscription – Like a magazine subscription, a music streaming subscription like Sirius XM or Spotify, or a video streaming subscription like Netflix or HBO Max
- a new calendar for the upcoming year (12 months) – You can even get a custom calendar made with photos of you both together!
- 12 notes of Thanks – Write down 12 things about your husband that you’re thankful for and put each note in a small gift tin or bag.
- 3 new card games or board games for you to play together
- a printable Christmas Coupon Book like these editable ones… This is a great gift idea for the 10th-12th days of Christmas, because it’s cheaper than buying a dozen things at once!
Printable 12 Days of Christmas Gift Tags
Want to use the same gift tags that I used in this post for your husband’s gifts? You can grab the printable 12 Days of Christmas gift tags in my shop!
And, you get BOTH SETS of the Christmas tags: the rhyming ones with specific gifts AND the regular graphic red and green numbered tags! So you can easily create your own 12 days gifts for him! Just click the link below to check them out:
I hope you LOVE these 12 days of Christmas gift tags and ideas for your husband or boyfriend! Have you ever tried this fun holiday tradition as a couple? If so, what are your ideas for 12 Days of Christmas gifts? Leave me a comment down below… I’d LOVE to hear from you!
And don’t forget to PIN this post for later: