Looking for 100 reasons why I love you? Steal this big list of reasons why I love you to create your own I love you jar or other gifts for your husband or boyfriend! (Your secret is safe with me!)
It’s no secret that I love my husband… I would scream it from the rooftops if my kids would let me. But they’d probably turn beet red with embarrassment and disown me considering they don’t even like when I use my husband’s pet name in public.
And I’m sure that you love your husband or boyfriend, too. But sometimes it’s difficult to put into words why you love him… especially if you’re not good with words in the first place. Or maybe you just want the perfect answer (or 100 answers) when you get asked the super tough question, “Why do you love me?”.
But that’s where I can help!
Since I happen to be happily married to a man that is just pure awesome-sauce, I have plenty of reasons why I love my husband… and I also happen to make my living as a writer. So I’m going to help you out!
Whether you need 52 reasons why I love you or 100 reasons why I love you, you’ll find some awesome ideas here:
How to Use the List of Reasons Why I Love You
Before we jump into the list of 100 reasons why I love you, you may be wondering how this giant list can help you. Here are some ideas for how to show your husband or boyfriend love using these reasons why I love you for him:
Make a 100 Reasons Why I Love You Jar
Filling a large mason jar with love notes or even date night ideas (for a date jar) is a great way to make an inexpensive and personalized gift for him!
Just write the reasons why I love you on small slips of paper or even heart cut-outs and add them to a jar. Then tie on a cute tag that says “I love you because” and you’re done! This would make a perfect anniversary gift, too!
Start Each Week with an ” I Love You Because”
Do you pack your husband’s lunch for work each day, or does he take a gym bag for his post-work workout session? If so, then why not sneak a little note of encouragement in his lunchbox, briefcase, or workout bag?! At the start of each week, just hand write one of the 100 reasons why I love you on a post-it note and hide it for him to find it later in the day.
You could even hide it some place different every Monday for a fun surprise. These are the types of small gestures that show how much you love him and that you can easily add into your weekly routine.
Turn the Reasons into Romantic Text Messages
Instead of a weekly note that he’ll come to expect, you can use these reasons why I love you as surprise text messages. Randomly send your husband or boyfriend a sweet text that says “I love you because…”. Just this small act that literally takes you 30 seconds can put a smile on his face.
And you can check out other awesome flirty and romantic text messages for him here, like this one:
Make Reasons I Love You Scratch-Off Cards
DIY scratch-off cards are another awesome gift idea for the reasons why I love you. Just write “I love you because…” on a small card and turn it into a scratch-off. Then, you can hide the card in his lunchbox or on the front seat of his car so that he finds it when he leaves for work!
Make Reasons Why I Love You Photo Cards
Combine these reasons why I love you with some photos to make some awesome personalized photo cards! Head over to this post to grab these cute templates and learn how to make your own “I love you because” photo cards: Reasons Why I Love You Gift Box with Photos – Printable Template!
Now that you’ve gotten some good reasons why I love you gift ideas, here’s the giant list of reasons why I love you for your husband or boyfriend:
52 Reasons Why I Love You
If you’re wanting to make weekly love notes or other small gifts for him, then here are 52 reasons why I love you to help you get started:
1. I love that I can be my true and authentic self with you.
2. I love the way my head fits perfectly on your chest when we’re laying in bed.
3. I love that you miss me when I’m gone.
4. I love that you share my love of binge-watching Netflix.
5. I love that you share in my achievements, and you’re so proud of my accomplishments, just like they’re your own.
6. I love that you’re my teammate, whether it’s tag-teaming on running the kids to all of their activities or working on a random home project.
7. I love that you work so hard.
8. I love that my Grandma’s friends love you, and that you take the time to make anyone you meet feel special.
9. I love that you cry during sad movies.
10. I love that you keep up with your old friends.
11. I love that you can cook the most amazing steak dinner (and that I can eat it in my pajamas!).
12. I love that you make me want to do better.
13. I love that you know when I need a break, and you step up.
14. I love that you let me be in charge.
15. I love that you’re just as comfortable in a 3 piece suit as you are in a pair of sweatpants.
16. I love how good those sweatpants look on you.
17. I love you because you’re my best friend, and I honestly feel like you’re the only friend I need.
18. I love that you laugh out loud during funny movies.
19. I love that you love your family.
20. I love you because you clean the shower for me, because you know that I hate doing it.
21. I love you because you’re a go-getter, you see something that needs to be done and you do it without hesitation.
22. I love that I want to grow old with you.
23. I love you because you’ve taken such good care of me for these past 20 years.
24. I love that you’ve got the perfect shoulder to cry on when I need it.
25. I love that you’re the first person I want to call when something great happens.
26. I love you because you trust my judgement.
27. I love you because we’re both perfect for each other, in every possible way.
28. I love you because you are a good man, in every sense of the word.
29. I love you because you want the best for me.
30. I love that I genuinely want you by my side, and even as an introvert, I would rather spend my time with you than alone.
31. I love you because you have an unwavering sense of what is right, and you stand up for what you believe in.
32. I love you because you do little things to show that you care, like stopping to pick up my favorite dessert on your way home from work.
33. I love you because you’re literally my favorite person ever.
34. When I’m around you, I’m simply happy.
35. I love that you want to spend time with me, even if we’re just running errands.
36. I love that you’re a good communicator… I know that we can talk through any problems that come up in a respectful way.
37. I love you because you’re a great father and role model to our children.
38. I love that no matter what you’re doing, you give it 110%.
39. I love you because you make me feel safe in every way – physically, emotionally, and financially.
40. I love you because I know that you would literally walk to the ends of the Earth for me.
41. I love you because you have a heart of gold. You are so caring.
42. I love you because you’re a perfect partner.
43. I know that you’re with me through everything, and I know that we can get through any hardship as long as we’re facing it together.
44. I love that you put family first and you prioritize those relationships.
45. I love that you always know how to make me smile… even when I’m feeling down.
46. I love that we can sit on the couch together and not say a word and just be together, without any awkwardness or need for small talk.
47. You make me feel proud to be your wife. I never have to make excuses for your behavior or defend you to family or friends.
48. I don’t want anyone else by my side.
49. I love how you reach out for me while you’re sleeping, just to make sure that I’m still there with you.
50. I love how you step up and complete certain things that I struggle with (like cooking!).
51. I love you because you put my happiness above your own.
52. I love that I feel 100% comfortable talking to you about absolutely anything. You’re a great communicator!
100 Reasons Why I Love You
Need even more ideas for reasons you love your husband or boyfriend? Read on to get to 100 reasons why I love you, perfect for him:
53. You’re playful and fun, and life with you is always interesting!
54. I love that you’re a good teacher, whether it’s teaching me how to make an omelette or teaching our kids how to ride a bike.
55. I love you because you fulfill me. I honestly don’t want anyone else.
56. You have a natural way of making my bad days a little less bad.
57. I love you because you’re constantly showing me what it means to be a perfect partner.
58. I love that I’m not embarrassed to have bright white pimple cream on my face in front of you.
59. I love that you love me unconditionally. (See pimple cream reference above!)
60. I love that we compliment each other so well.
61. I love that you can change a tire, and look dang good doing it!
62. I love the way you hold my hand when I’m least expecting it.
63. I love that you gently encourage those around you to be the best versions of themselves.
64. I love that you call me randomly during the day just to check in.
65. I love you because you’re selfless.
66. I love you because you defend those that you love.
67. I love you because you’re a great partner.
68. I love that you’re easy to get along with.
69. I love that you support my dreams, even if it means that you have to make personal sacrifices. You encourage me in my career, and you truly believe that I can do anything that I set my mind on.
70. You’re always in my corner.
71. You believe in me, and that gives me the confidence to reach for the highest stars.
72. I love that I can trust you. You’re loyal and you’ve never let me down.
73. You look for the good in any situation, even if it’s hard to see past the bad.
74. When I’m overwhelmed, you know just what to say to make me feel better… and you even take some of the jobs off my plate when you can.
75. I love that you offer gentle criticism, because you want me to be the best that I can be.
76. I love that you’ll sing at the top of your lungs right along with me when my favorite song comes on, even though we’re both completely tune deaf.
77. I love that you can fix anything, from the broken washing machine to the leaking ice maker.
78. I feel safe and taken care of because of you.
79. I love that you’re an action-taker. You take initiative to get things done.
80. I love how you’re so proud to be a “Girl Dad”, and that you’ll totally let your daughters paint your fingernails if they want to.
81. I love that you’re a nurturer when you see that I’m feeling down… whether I’m sick or I’ve just had a bad day, you go out of your way to take extra good care of me.
82. I love that when we argue, you’re always quick to forgive. You don’t hold grudges, and we can move past problems quickly.
83. I love that you call me when you’re on the way home from work, and then you talk to me for the entire drive.
84. I love how you give me your honest opinion in a way that isn’t too harsh or degrading. And I love that I value your opinion enough to ask for it in the first place.
85. I love how you drape your arm over my shoulders when we’re leisurely walking through the grocery store.
86. I love that you take advantage of random moments to show me that you love me, like when we’re walking through the grocery store.
87. I love that I secretly love the smell of your farts.
88. I love that you share my ambition and work ethic.
89. I love that you know that I’m right 99% of the time, and you secretly don’t want to admit it.
90. I love you because you’re my best friend.
91. I love you because I can tell you all of my deepest secrets without fear of judgement.
92. I love that I don’t have to pretend around you… I don’t have to plaster on a fake smile, and I can just be.
93. I love you because you recognize my strengths, and you encourage me through my weaknesses.
94. I love you because you bring me surprise coffees from Starbucks.
95. I love you because I trust you wholeheartedly.
96. I love you because you let me be the boss.
97. I love you because you give me my own space.
98. I love you because you’re generous with everything you have – your time, your energy, your love, and your money.
99. I love you because through the years, you’ve never stopped loving me.
100. I love that even though I’ve come up with 100 reasons why I love you, it still doesn’t seem adequate to measure my love for you.
I hope you LOVED these 100 reasons why I love you, and I hope that they’ve given you some ideas for how to express your love for your husband or boyfriend!
Whether you use the reasons I love you to create a DIY “Love you” jar or you simply write one of the ideas down on a post-it note and stick it in his lunchbox, these “I love you because” ideas can help to make your man feel special… especially if his Love Language is Words of Affirmation!
If you’re looking for even more relationship tips and ideas, then check out these posts:
90 Meaningful Conversation Starters for Couples to Connect – Grab the printable conversation starters for couples to use on your next date night or road trip!
10 Tips to Write the BEST Love Letters for Your Husband + Examples! – Get tips to write your gushy romantic feelings in a love letter to your man!
And don’t forget to PIN this post for later:
Leave A Reply!