Need an easy, no fuss Easter dessert dip for your holiday spread? This Peeps S’mores Dip is so simple to make with just 3 ingredients! Perfect for your Easter party!
Peeps are a pretty polarizing Easter treat… You either love them or you hate them. And personally, I LOVE when Easter rolls around and the grocery stores start stocking the shelves with the brightly colored, sugar-coated marshmallow bunnies and chicks!
I am definitely a Peeps lover!
So when it was time to whip up an easy dessert for our Easter party recently, of course I turned to my hot pink and bright yellow sugared friends… And what pairs well with marshmallows? Chocolate!
This Easter dessert dip is like the cool cousin of the classic s’mores you used to make by the campfire. Only instead of graham crackers, you’ll be dipping your Peeps marshmallows into a pool of melted chocolate chips, creating a gooey and decadent treat.
So, get ready to gather around the dessert table this Easter, because this Peeps S’mores Dip is about to become your new favorite Easter sweet!
What You Need for Peeps S’mores Dip
The great thing about this easy Easter dessert recipe is that it only requires 3 basic ingredients, so it’s really inexpensive to make! Here’s what you need:
Instead of the regular large marshmallows that you would use in a traditional S’mores Dessert Dip, this Easter version uses marshmallow Peeps. You can use either the bunny or chick Easter Peeps, alternate the colors, or add in some flavored Peeps.
You can use either semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips, but I personally recommend semi-sweet morsels. I find that the semi-sweet chips aren’t as sweet, so they offset the sweetness of the sugary marshmallows.
The most popular dippers to use for S’mores Dip are, of course, graham crackers – you can’t have the classic campfire treat without them, after all. Look for the graham crackers that can be broken into thinner strips, not the ones that are just larger sheets that only break into two squares.
In addition to the graham crackers, you can serve your Peeps S’mores Dip with:
- pretzels – Great if you like a sweet and salty treat!
- vanilla wafers – These wafer cookies aren’t too sweet, so they pair well with the sugary Peeps smores dip.
- cut fruit – Choose fruits that are a bit “sturdier” like apple slices or strawberries. Softer fruits like bananas may be difficult to dip in this s’mores dip.
How to Make S’mores Dip with Peeps
This Easter dessert dip is so easy to make that even your teenager can do it! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be enjoying this decadent, marshmallowy treat in about 10 minutes flat:
- Spread the chocolate chips out in an even layer on the bottom of a glass baking dish (like a Pyrex) measuring about 8.5″ x 6.5″.
- Place the marshmallow Peeps on top of the layer of chocolate chips, alternating the colors as you go.
- Bake the s’mores dip in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes. You’ll want to keep an eye on the dip through the oven glass to be sure that the Peeps don’t burn. They should be browned ever so slightly, and you’ll probably notice the brown dots of the Peeps’ eyes and noses will melt down and make a very light brown circle.
- When the Peeps are nice and gooey, carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve the Peeps smores dip while it’s warm with graham crackers or your favorite dippers.
Other Peeps Ideas for Easter
Peeps Sugar Cookies – These yummy homemade sugar cookies are topped with a simple marshmallow frosting. Such a cute treat for your little chicks!
Free Printable Treats for My Peeps Gift Tags – Want to make some quick and easy Easter gifts for kids to pass out at school? Use these free Easter gift tags and attach them to a pack of Peeps for an easy and inexpensive gift idea!
Peeps S’mores Dip Recipe
Use the recipe card down below to print this super easy Easter dessert recipe for your next party or get-together! Or just when you want to indulge in the popular Easter candy!
- 12 Peeps marshmallow bunnies, in 3 different colors
- 11.5 oz bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- graham crackers for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread the chocolate chip morsels in a 1 quart Pyrex dish (or other glass baking dish) that measures approximately 8.5" x 6.5".
- Break apart the Peeps bunnies, and place them on top of the layer of chocolate chips, alternating the colors as you go.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until the Peeps start to brown ever so slightly. *Keep an eye on the Peeps dip through the oven glass - You definitely don't want the Peeps to burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 3-5 minutes. Then, serve warm with graham crackers or your favorite dippers.
- You can substitute white chocolate chips or even Hershey's Kisses. Or experiment with a few different types of chocolate!
- Other dippers that would be great with this Peeps S'mores Dip include: pretzel rods, vanilla wafers, or apple slices.
Hope you and your Easter guests enjoy this easy dessert dip!
Are you a Peeps lover, too? Then check out some awesome Peeps recipes here! And don’t forget to PIN this post for later: