A couples scavenger hunt is a super fun and creative way to bond with your partner and get out of the house for an evening of exploring and laughter. Grab the free scavenger hunt for couples printable for a fun date night scavenger hunt!
I don’t think I’m being too bold when I say that we’ve become a generation of amateur photographers. Phone cameras have come a long way from the original Nokia flip phones of the late nineties, and there’s a filter for absolutely EVERYTHING out there! It’s craziness!
And while we could endlessly debate whether the constant ability to take selfies and look like you’re in your 20s when you’re actually in your 40s is a good thing, there are a few positive developments to the whole camera in your pocket phenomenon – like photo scavenger hunts!
Photo scavenger hunts have taken the world by storm over the past few years, and I, for one, love the idea. Companies use them as team-building exercises, schools use them to help students interpret and understand what they’re learning – the opportunities are endless!
I mentioned doing a couples scavenger hunt in my year of date nights post, and I wanted to expand on it here! A romantic scavenger hunt is an excellent idea for your next date night, and you just need a printer, a pen/pencil, and your phone!
What is a photo scavenger hunt?
A photo scavenger hunt is a super fun way for couples to connect and have fun, even if you’ve never participated in one before. It’s also a pretty inexpensive date night idea, and you’ll both have a blast as you check items off the list and revisit old memories along the way.
Basically, most of us are walking around with high-quality cameras in our pockets every day (hello, iPhones). Combine that with a list of tasks and items you and your significant other must find and photograph, and you have a photo scavenger hunt!
Ideas for Doing a Couples Scavenger Hunt
You can use this scavenger hunt for couples in several different ways, including:
Do a photo scavenger hunt for a fun and unique date night
Tired of going to the same old burger joint for date night? Instead, spice up your evening by completing the photo scavenger hunt together! It’s the perfect way to get out of the date night rut and discover something new and exciting right where you are.
Do a romantic scavenger hunt for an anniversary
A couples scavenger hunt could be the perfect way to end the evening after a romantic dinner at your favorite restaurant – especially if you’ve already booked the babysitter for the evening! A romantic scavenger hunt can help you revisit all the reasons why you fell in love with your partner in the first place.
Get donuts & coffee and do the couples scavenger hunt
If you have kids, you know that date nights aren’t always possible – but sometimes date mornings are! If you have a free morning, grab some Dunkin’ and the couples scavenger hunt printable and head out the door for an hour or two of exploring, love, and (of course) laughter.
So, you’ve completed your couples scavenger hunt – now what? Here are several super cute ways you can preserve those memories:
- Create a cute photo album – Print the photos from your local kiosk and add them to an adorable album you can look at whenever you’d like to revisit those memories!
- Add them to a digital photo frame – A digital photo album is a fantastic way to preserve your photos without ever printing them off, and they’ll regularly pop up to remind you of all the fun you had!
- Create a photo collage frame – Choose your favorite photos from your couples scavenger hunt and put them in a collage frame to hang in your home!
Couples Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Here are some super fun couples scavenger hunt ideas you can try on your next date night!
- Photo where you first met – Was this the supermarket? Your high school? The local library? Take a trip down memory lane and take a photo of where you first met your sweetie pie.
- Photo where you had your first kiss – this might get a little tricky if you’re high school sweethearts and need to drop in on your mom and dad’s house to take a pic in their basement!
- Photo of your favorite breakfast spot – everyone has their favorite hole-in-the-wall breakfast joint that serves the best French toast!
- Photo of each of your favorite animals – Who knows? You might be headed to the zoo!
- Photo of where you snuggle up to watch a movie – We all have our favorite spot on the sofa or recliner. Do you sit together? Separately? Under a blanket? Get comfortable and snap a pic!
- Photo of each of you doing something adventurous – each person has their own definition of adventurous. For one, it could be bungee jumping off a bridge. For the other, it could be trying Thai food for the first time.
- Photo of clothes you would pick out for each other – Go to either a thrift shop or department store and choose an outfit for the other person to wear. Then snap a pic!
- Photo of the two of you kissing in front of the sunset – you might need a selfie stick for this one!
- Photo of where you went on your first date
- Photo of your favorite thing about each other – one picture for each person – Maybe it’s your husband’s eyes or the way he makes your coffee. Just keep it PG, people!
- Photo of something you want to do for your next date night – This could be a flyer for a local play, cooking class, or even a concert you’ve been wanting to attend.
- Photo of something you’re each afraid of – For me, it would probably be a rat. For my husband, it would be in front of a steak cooked well done.
- Photo of something that represents a goal you have as a couple – Think about what you both want to achieve, like buying a new vehicle or a bigger house.
- Photo of the two of you in front of your favorite date night spot
- Photo of a special memory you have as a couple – Was it the first place he told you he loved you? Or that time you gave him the Heimlich because he choked on his burger? Ah, memories…
- Photo of each of you making a funny face in a public place
- Photo holding a Hallmark card that you would give each other – This could quickly become the most hilarious stop on your couples scavenger hunt journey!
- Photo of something that each of you thinks is beautiful – Just remember, he doesn’t have to pick you, and you don’t have to pick him!
- Photo that represents where you want to be in 5 years – Look for houses or neighborhoods where you’d like to live, cars you’d like to drive, campers you’d like to own, or anything else that represents your life in 5 years.
- Photo that represents what unconditional love is – Maybe this is a scale, the pillow of the spouse who snores the loudest, etc!
- Photo(s) of your wedding date – look for numbers on mailboxes, billboards, etc.
- Photo of a challenge that you’ve faced together and overcome – this could be of that leaky faucet that flooded your bathroom or the dirty sock on the floor that led to an important discussion about hurt feelings and household responsibilities.
- Last – Take a great selfie photo of the two of you to print and hang in your house!
Free Printable Couples Scavenger Hunt
Want to try this fun date night scavenger hunt with your husband or boyfriend? Just click the link below to access the printable. A new window will open in Dropbox (where the PDF is stored), and you’ll be able to download the file from there.
Other Fun Date Night Ideas
Want some other creative date night ideas to get out of your rut? Check out these fun dates:
Play this fun printable Not So Newlywed Game from the comfort of your own couch when getting a sitter just isn’t possible!
21 Date Night Gift Basket Ideas
These 21 different date night gift baskets are an awesome gift to give to your husband or boyfriend! Just choose which of the pre-planned date nights that you want to do, and add all of the supplies to an inexpensive basket or bag. Tie on the free printable date basket gift tags for a creative anniversary or birthday gift!
Free Printable to Make Your Own Date Jar
Make every date night a surprise with this cute and inexpensive date jar idea! You just need a few household items and the free printable list of dates to make your own DIY date jar full of ideas!
94 Creative Date Night Idea Cards
Stuck in a date night rut? Try these 94 creative date night ideas you can add to your date night jar or bucket list for a whole new take on your nights together!
I hope you and your love have a blast and make a ton of new memories on your photo scavenger hunt for couples! And don’t forget to PIN this post for later!