Looking for cute Fall treats to make this season? Grab some Nutter Butters and make these easy acorn cookies with just a few ingredients!
I love making easy sweet treats when the holidays roll around. And when those treats don’t require any baking, it’s even better!
You can use a wide variety of store-bought cookies to whip up some cute fall desserts and cookies, whether it’s Milano cookies, Oreos, or my personal favorite, Nutter Butters! The popular peanut shaped cookies are made with a nut shell pattern baked right in, so they’re perfect for decorating like acorns.
Here’s how to make these super cute no-bake acorn cookies for Fall:
Ingredients for Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
Here are the few ingredients that you need to make Nutter Butter cookie acorns:
- Nutter Butter cookies
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – When I need a brown colored melting chocolate for decorating simple treats, I prefer to use actual chocolate chips as opposed to the melting wafers.
- coconut oil
- pretzel pieces for stems
- chocolate sprinkles
How to Make Acorn Cookies with Nutter Butters
Here’s how to make these cute Fall cookies with your kids:
Step 1: Cut the Nutter Butters in half.
First, cut the Nutter Butter cookies in half to form two small “acorns” out of each cookie. I used 15 Nutter Butters for this recipe, so I ended up with 30 acorn cookies. Place the halved cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set them to the side.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate chips.
Next, you need to melt the chocolate chips for your cookie decorations. Add the coconut oil to the morsels in a microwave-safe bowl. Then, microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, pausing in between each 30 seconds to stir. Continue to microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is fully melted. Be sure not to burn it!
Step 3: Decorate the acorn cookies.
Decorating these cute acorn cookies is super easy, so you can have your kids help you and turn it into a fun Fall family activity!
To decorate the cookies, first dip the cut end of the Nutter Butter into the melted chocolate. Immediately place a piece of pretzel stick into the chocolate to make the acorn stem like this:
Before the chocolate has a chance to set, dip the end of the cookies into the chocolate sprinkles like this:
Then, lay the dipped cookies on the parchment-lined baking sheet for the chocolate to fully set. Once the chocolate has dried, your super cute Fall cookies are ready to serve!
You can sneak one or two of these cute Fall treats into your child’s lunchbox or put some in a clear cellophane bag and add them to a You’ve Been Booed basket for your neighbors! Or even combine them in a cute gift tin with these other Fall cookies for a teacher gift!
Other Fun Fall Ideas for Kids
Check out some of these other fun Fall ideas that your kids will LOVE:
- Easy Fall Number Matching Activity for Kids (Just a few supplies!)
- Cute Thanksgiving Snacks for Kids: Chocolate Turkey Apples!
- Make a Gratitude Jar with These Printables (Easy Thankful Jar!)
And don’t forget to PIN this post for later:
Easy Acorn Cookies with Nutter Butters
These acorn cookies are super easy to make with store-bought Nutter Butter cookies. Cute no-bake Fall cookies to make with kids!
- 15 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 30 pretzel pieces for stems
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- Cut the 15 Nutter Butter cookies in half to form acorn shapes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each 30 seconds, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the cut end of each Nutter Butter cookie into the melted chocolate. Push one pretzel piece into the chocolate top to create the acorn stem.
- Immediately dip the chocolate top into the sprinkles.
- Lay the dipped acorn cookies on parchment paper for chocolate to harden and set.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 392mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. Different online calculators may calculate nutritional information differently. Also, the addition of optional ingredients and varying brands and products may change the information. For the most accurate data, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients that you use.
Leave A Reply!