Use this printable love coupons template to make your own homemade coupon book for your husband or boyfriend! An awesome and romantic DIY gift idea for him!
I’ve been giving my husband homemade coupons as gifts for years.
It started when I was creating a gift basket full of goodies for his car, with air fresheners, car cleaning supplies, and new floor mats. I needed another gift to add to the basket, so I created some DIY coupons for car washes.
Then, on our next anniversary, I gifted him an electronic back massager and I printed out a homemade coupon book of 20 minute back massage coupons to go with it. And more recently, I made this DIY Christmas Coupon Book full of coupons for him.
A printable coupon book for your husband or boyfriend is an awesome gift that you can customize with your own coupon ideas! Whether you need gift ideas for Valentine’s Day, your anniversary, or “just because”, printable love coupons are perfect!
Just download the printable love coupons template, type in your own coupon ideas, and print… And you’ve got an awesome customized homemade gift idea in minutes!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase, I earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure for more info.
Supplies to Make Your Own Homemade Love Coupon Book
- printable love coupons template – Available in my shop! And you can type in them!
- heavier weight copy paper or card stock – I like to use this 32 lb. printer paper for my colored printables because the end product looks much nicer than regular 20 lb. paper. Plus, the heavier weighted paper is less likely to get torn or wrinkled.
- paper trimmer or scissors
- stapler OR hole punch and string or brads, depending on how you choose to put your coupon book together
How to Make Your Own DIY Love Coupon Book
The beauty of this homemade gift idea for him is that it’s SO easy to make! Even if you’re the furthest thing from Martha Stewart you can still DIY this handmade love coupon book for your husband or boyfriend. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Download the Love Coupons Template and Fill It Out
My printable love coupons are fillable, which means you can actually type your coupon ideas directly on to the front of the coupon! Great if you have awful handwriting like I do!
Just follow these steps to type in the love coupon book template:
- Go to the Adobe website here and download and install the free Acrobat Reader to your computer. (If you already have Adobe Acrobat installed you can skip this step).
- Open the Love Coupon Book template PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader… You should be able to right click on the file icon on your computer (wherever you saved it) and select Open With > Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Once the coupon book file is open, you’re ready to start typing your coupon ideas in to the blue boxes.
- When you’re done filling in all of the love coupons, click File > Save As > and then name it whatever you like and save it to somewhere on your computer where you can easily find it, like your desktop.
- Print out the homemade coupons, and you’re ready to move on to the next step!
If you don’t want to use Adobe Reader to type in the editable coupons, you can simply print the coupons and fill them in by hand with a pen or marker.
Step 2: Print the Love Coupon Book
I printed the front and back covers for my love coupon books on card stock so they were sturdier, and the interior coupon pages on 32 lb. printer paper.
If you don’t have a good color printer at home, I would highly recommend having your coupons printed at a print shop like Staples or FedEx Kinko’s.
Step 3: Cut Out the DIY Love Coupons
You can use scissors to cut out your coupons, but I prefer a paper trimmer because the cuts will be much straighter and you can put your book together more quickly.
Step 4: Put Your Homemade Love Coupon Book Together
You have a few different options for binding your coupons together to form a book. All 3 methods are easy to do, so it’s just a matter of the supplies that you have on hand. Just use the margin on the left side of the coupons to put them together using one of these ideas:
- Staple the coupons together to form a book. This is probably the easiest way to put your coupon book together, but unless you have an industrial strength stapler, you’ll probably only be able to fit 7-8 coupons in your book with this method.
- Use colored brads and a hole punch. Poke two holes in the left margin of the coupons and insert paper brads. Cute and sturdy!
- Use twine and a hole punch. Use a hole punch to punch one hole near the top and one near the bottom in the left margin of the coupon book. Then, use colored twine and tie a pretty bow to keep the coupon book together.
Here’s what each of the 3 coupon book binding options look like finished:
*Note – When you get to the back cover, make sure that you flip it around so that you punch the holes on the correct side. The margin for the back cover is on the right side, so that it faces outward when you put your coupon book together.
50 Love Coupon Ideas for Him
So once you’ve got your love coupon templates downloaded to your computer, you may be at a loss for what types of “gifts” to put on the coupons… but don’t worry! I’ve got LOADS of awesome love coupon ideas for your husband or boyfriend!
And I even consulted my husband for his ideas… so you actually get a male opinion! Of course, you can also add in your own coupon ideas based on what your significant other enjoys.
Love Coupon Book Ideas for Him – Dates and Quality Time
- 2 hours of watching football together – My husband loves it when I watch sports with him… even though I despise it.
- you make or buy his favorite dessert
- takeout dinner from his favorite restaurant
- breakfast in bed
- 1 hour of sleeping in late together
- he gets control of the remote for one night
- 1 date night
- 1 game of golf together
- 1 lunch date
- 1 hour afternoon nap together
- theater movie of his choice
- 2 hours of “husband and wife” time
- night out on the town
- 1 overnight date in a hotel
- game night – You can play one of these fun couples games!
- hiking date
- fishing date
- picnic in the park
- go for a walk/jog together
- go to a concert or comedy show together
- spa day together
- mini golf date
- amusement park date
- spend the whole day in bed relaxing together
- ice cream date
- try a new restaurant
- 1 sporting event date
- recreate your first date – This coupon idea would be awesome for an anniversary coupon book!
Acts of Service Coupon Ideas
If your husband’s Love Language is Acts of Service, then these coupon ideas for him are perfect:
- car wash – drive his car to the car wash or wash it yourself
- detail the interior of his car
- 30 minute back massage
- 20 minute foot rub
- romantic dinner made by you
- 1 lunch delivered to him at work
- bake his favorite dessert
- do his least favorite chore for him
- 1 day of doing whatever he asks
- late night dessert run – You go to the grocery store and buy his favorite dessert when he’s having a craving.
- 1 full day of taking care of the kids – Great if you have young kids and your husband helps with breakfast, bath time, etc.
- 1 day of “alone time” at home – So he can binge watch tv, nap, or do whatever he wants to do uninterrupted.
Naughty Coupon Ideas for Him
One of the love coupon book templates available in my shop is specifically for naughty coupons for him. The actual coupon book template says “Sexy Surprises” and it’s perfect for these more intimate coupon ideas:
- 1 sensual massage
- play strip poker (or strip Scrabble!)
- 1 night of role playing
- 1 night of sexy dress up
- tell me your fantasy
- bubble bath for two
- 1 steamy shower
- pick out something at the adult toy store
- 1 night of whipped cream or chocolate body paint
- whatever you want – kind of like a “Wild Card” coupon that he can use for whatever his heart desires!
Of course, I’m sure there are more naughty coupon ideas that you can come up with… but I didn’t want to actually type them out here!
Get the Printable Love Coupons Template
Want to make your own homemade coupon book for him?
The printable coupon templates in my Shop make it super easy! And the love coupons come with 3 different designs, so you can use one for Valentine’s Day, one for your anniversary, and one for when you’re feeling frisky!
That’s 3 easy and affordable homemade gifts for your husband or boyfriend for less than the cost of a lunch!
I hope you enjoyed these printable love coupons, and I hope you’ve gotten some good coupon ideas to create your own homemade coupon books.
DIY coupon books are my go-to gift when I need something at the last minute, and my husband loves redeeming the coupons… especially when he wants his truck cleaned or he’s having a late night dessert craving.
And if you loved this idea, then check out some of my other posts on relationships and ways to make your husband feel loved:
- Creative Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him
- Make your Own Date Jar with These Ideas – Free Printable List!
- 31 Awesome Texts to Send Your Husband to Make His Day!
And don’t forget to PIN these love coupon ideas for later: