Want to send romantic love messages for your husband, but not sure what to write? I’ve got some awesome love message ideas for him! And be sure to download the printable list of romantic messages for him at the end of this post!
I recently sat down to write out my husband’s anniversary card, and I had a major case of writer’s block… So I did what any savvy girl lacking inspiration would do… I turned to Google.
But a quick search of “romantic messages for your husband” brought up page after page of loving words that sounded like they were straight out of the 1800s. Nobody talks that way today, and all of the love messages for him that I found sounded just plain crazy.
So I thought maybe you’re in the same boat… Maybe you have no idea what to message your husband to let him know you love him. Maybe the words “I love you” just don’t seem meaningful enough because you use them everyday. Maybe you want to express your love with something fresh…
Without sounding like you just copied something off of the internet.
Well, if so, I got you!
Here are some of the best loving and romantic messages for your husband that will totally make his day:
How to Use These Romantic Love Message Ideas
A quick love text message is nice and easy to do, but it’s not the only way to show your husband you care. Here are some other ways for you to use these love message ideas:
Send a simple email with a romantic message for him.
Just a one sentence email is a great way to show your husband that you’re thinking about him while he’s busy at work.
Leave a love message in a surprise note for him.
Sneak a love note into your husband’s lunch box or gym bag, or tape it to his steering wheel so he sees it when he leaves for work.
Just write one of these love messages on a post-it note, or you can check out this post for fun and flirty printable love notes like this one:
Create a DIY gift of the loving messages.
Turn some of these romantic messages for your husband into an awesome gift for your anniversary, his birthday, Valentine’s Day, or “just because”.
You can go here for some fun DIY “Reasons Why I Love You” gift ideas!
Write a love letter with the romantic message ideas.
Pick out a few of these love message ideas, add in your own reasons why you love your husband, and you’ve got a romantic love letter!
And if you need some tips for writing epic love letters, check out this post: 10 Tips to Write the BEST Love Letters for Your Husband + Examples!
Send your husband a loving text message.
Think about how many text messages you send your husband or boyfriend on a given day.
I scrolled through my phone before writing this post because I was curious about the actual number, and I found that, on average, I message my husband 6 times per day. But here’s the thing… very few of those were loving messages or even included the words “I love you”.
Most of the time when I message my husband, it’s asking him to pick up something from the grocery store or discussing our plans for the weekend. But sending romantic text messages for your husband is important too!
62 Romantic Messages for Your Husband to Show Him You Love Him
You may be wondering, “What sweet love message for my husband should I send?”. Here are some awesome ideas for you:
Short and Sweet Love Messages for Him
- Hey… I love you.
- Just wanted to let you know that I’m thankful for you.
- Eye heart you – Eye emoji, heart emoji, and the letter “U”.
- Glad that I’m yours.
- You’re my person.
- Loving you is the best thing I’ve ever done.
- I heart you… big time.
- Glad that I’m yours.
- You’re my person.
- You are my biggest blessing.
- You mean the world to me.
- You are my home.
- I thank God everyday that you’re my husband.
- I love you today, tomorrow, and forever.
- I can’t imagine my life without you.
- I’m proud to call you my husband.
- Your love is all I need.
- Thank you for loving me.
- You’re the love of my life.
- I couldn’t do life without you by my side.
- Being your wife is such a blessing.
Loving Messages to Send When You’re Apart
- I miss you already. Can’t wait to see you tonight!
- You’re the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning… just wanted to let you know that.
- Counting down the minutes til I get to see you again. Love you.
- I know you’re busy at work, but I just had the urge to say I love you.
- Thank you for working so hard to provide for us. Your sacrifices don’t go unnoticed, and I appreciate you everyday… even if I don’t say it enough.
- No matter how busy you are today, I hope you remember that I love you every second and that I am so proud of you.
- Your sense of humor brightens my day, and I can’t wait to laugh with you again.
Romantic Love Messages for Him (that are Card Worthy!)
Want to sound like a writer, even if you can barely form a proper sentence? These are some of the best love messages for your husband… and all of them are Hallmark card worthy!
- You are my today, and all of my tomorrows.
- If all I had was you, it would be enough.
- You are a great husband, provider, father, lover, and my best friend. I’m so thankful for you.
- I love the man that you are, and I appreciate you everyday.
- You make me want to be a better version of myself.
- I’m so lucky that I get to spend everyday with my best friend.
- I love you just the way you are.
- With you by my side, I know that we can climb any mountain.
- With you, I feel like I’m home.
- I love the man that you are, and the person that I am because of your love.
- You are my forever and my always.
- Your love makes me feel secure, invincible, seen, and beautiful in spite of my flaws.
- Every moment that I get to spend with you is a gift.
Romantic Messages for Your Husband on Your Anniversary
- When I walked down the aisle ___ years ago, I didn’t think I could love you any more than I did that day. Now, ___ years later, I love you even more.
- I’m so glad that I said “I do” to you.
- I’m so lucky to be your wife. Happy Anniversary!
- If I could, I would marry you all over again.
- Thank you for loving me so well these last ___ years.
- I married you not because I wanted to live with you, but because I couldn’t live without you.
- Today I celebrate, because I got to spend another year with my best friend. Happy Anniversary, my love. Looking forward to the next celebration.
- I’m so lucky that I get to hold your hand as we grow old together. Happy Anniversary!
- Best day of my life… Send with a funny picture from your wedding day.
Romantic Quotes About Love to Use in Your Messages for Him
Sometimes when you have no idea what to write your husband in a birthday card or love letter, you need to turn to the professionals. Whether it’s romantic movies or classic authors, here are some awesome love quotes you can “steal” for your messages to your husband:
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only with what you are expecting to give — which is everything.” Katharine Hepburn
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” Nora Ephron
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” Roy Croft
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” Leo Christopher
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” David Viscott
- “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” Ed Sheeran
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” The Wedding Date
- “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” The Notebook
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” Winnie the Pooh
- “In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” Maya Angelou
- “You are my sun, my moon and all my stars.” E.E. Cummings
- “I’ve tried so many times to think of a new way to say it, and it’s still I love you.” Zelda Fitzgerald
Funny and Flirty Messages for Him
Want to lighten the mood a bit? If you know that your husband or boyfriend is having a rough day, or you just want to give him a good laugh, then a funny love message does the trick!
For a big list of funny text messages like this one, visit this post:
Loving Romantic Messages for Him – Printable Challenge
Words of affirmation, like these romantic love messages for your husband, are super important for him to hear. So to remind you to use the love message ideas, I made a printable challenge!
You can print out the list of message ideas for you husband, keep it hidden in your nightstand drawer or your planner, and mark off the love message as you use it.
And if you loved these romantic message ideas, then be sure to check out some of my other awesome marriage ideas: