If you’re looking for a huge list of things to keep track of in your planner, then you’re in the right spot!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from these links. Read my full disclosure here.
Planners are having a moment. Just walk down the aisles of Michael’s or check out the end caps of Target. You’ll find bright and trendy planners in all sizes with the cutest sticky notes and coordinated pens to go with them. You can even buy fun planner charms to hang off the binder rings and bling out your planner. But more important than the aesthetic of your planner is the function of your planner… you know to actually plan things. So if you’ve jumped on the bandwagon and invested in a seriously cute planner to organize your life, then put it to good use. Here’s a huge list of things to keep track of in your planner to stay organized once and for all!
40+ Things to Keep Track of In Your Planner:
- Holidays and Family functions
- Bill due dates
- Financial account usernames and passwords – if you’re confident that you won’t lose your planner!
- Track your income and spending – Click here for How to Keep Track of Spending Using a Weekly Planner
- Contributions to your savings account – Get motivated to reach your savings goal!
- New quotes that you read
- Parties and social events – Keep track of RSVPs to send and important details of social events such as time, location, attire, and where the guest of honor is registered.
- Movies you want to see
- Books you want to read
- Netflix/Hulu/Amazon shows you want to watch
- Date night times and ideas – Or schedule a Fun and Unique Stay-at-Home Date
- Recipes to try
- New restaurants to try
- Blogs/podcasts you love
- Your wish list – Things you want to buy for yourself
- Daily water intake
- Food and calories consumed each day
- Doctors appointments
- Pill or antibiotic tracking – Make sure you remember to take your birth control or antibiotics with a simple chart
- Weight – Trying to lose weight? Track your daily or weekly weigh-ins in your planner to see how far you’ve come.
- Exercise – Let your planner hold you accountable!
- Menu planning – Plan ahead on meals that you will cook each night to eliminate the impulse to go out to eat – Want a different way to keep track of your weekly menus? Sign up for my newsletter below, and I’ll send you a FREE Weekly Meal Plan Printable!
- Grocery lists
- Pantry/Fridge inventory
- Cleaning checklists – Daily, weekly, monthly – Don’t have a lot of time to clean? Check out 7 Steps to a Clean House in One Hour
- Maintenance schedules – Keep track of when you need to change the air filters or when to expect the pest control man
- Favorite recipes – Like Healthy Asian Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly to-do lists
- Honey-do list
- Addresses and contact info for friends and family
- Contact info for Doctors/Dentists
- Emergency contact info
- Goals – Things that you want to accomplish each week/month
- Daily Affirmations
- Bible verses you love
- Website usernames/passwords
- Menstrual cycle – I can never remember the dates of mine when I’m asked by the Doctor 🙂
- Kid’s activities/parties/extracurriculars
- Due dates of school projects
- Special school events (Spirit Week, Picture Day, etc.)
- Major Milestones (First steps, first tooth, etc.)
- Funny things your kids say – Jot it down so you remember how hilarious your kids are (which could be useful when they’re working your last nerve!)
- List of kids’ chores
- Kids’ allowance tracker
- Kids’ birthday/Christmas wish lists
And, there you have it! A TON of fun and useful things to keep track of in your planner! Now, go organize your super cute planner, and enjoy!